Back to Search results
18 High Street, The Square, Castlecomer, County Kilkenny , R95 N7Y2
At a glance...
- Built c. 1800 with original features intact
- Three floors of living space over 339 sq.m
- Elegant reception rooms
- Side entrance to rear garden and orchard
- Zoned general business in the Castlecomer local area plan
- Local amenities include Castlecomer Discovery Park, Castlecomer Golf Club, shops, restaurants, schools and sports facilities
Read MoreExplore Waterford Renowned for its beautiful Waterford Crystal, County Waterford is also steeped in history and is home to its own UNESCO Geopark. The Copper Coast has been designated as a place of geological importance for its 25km of diverse coastline. It was also the county where the Vikings first settled. Th... Explore Waterford
Terraced two and three storey house built c. 1800 located at the east end of High Street, Castlecomer, Co. Kilkenny. Constructed of rough cast random rubble stone walls, square-headed window openings with cut limestone sills, timber sash windows on suspended timber floors under a pitched slate covered roof with clay ridge tiles. Set back from the road with front garden bounded by stone walls with wrought iron railings. Shared access to the rear garden which includes a derelict two storey outbuilding c. 1825. The rear garden adjoins a former orchard measuring 0.83 acres. Location The property is located at the east end of High Street (N78), in a terrace of three similar houses situated between the Avalon House Hotel to the west and the River Dinin (Dublin Bridge) to the east in Castlecomer, Co. Kilkenny. Castlecomer (population 1,502 census of population 2016) is a town in North County Kilkenny located at the meeting of the N78 and R694 roads about 16km (9.9 miles) north of Kilkenny City. The town is bounded on the east by the River Barrow , the west by the River Nore and dissected in the centre by the River Dinin. Planning The planning authority for the area is Kilkenny County Council. The property is zoned M2 - City/Town/Village Central Area. Local Authority Zone: General Business in the Castlecomer Local Area Plan 2018 - 2024.
- Entrance Hall (6.05m x 2.26m 19.85ft x 7.41ft) Timber panelled front door with fanlight.
- Study (5.10m x 4.10m 16.73ft x 13.45ft) Fireplace. Wash hand basin.
- Sitting Room (6.00m x 5.08m 19.69ft x 16.67ft)
- Back Hall ( )
- WC (1.94m x 1.38m 6.36ft x 4.53ft) W.c and w.h.b.
- Pantry (2.73m x 2.89m 8.96ft x 9.48ft)
- Kitchen (3.25m x 5.46m 10.66ft x 17.91ft) Stove. Fitted timber panelled dressers. Quarry tiled floor.
- Bedroom 1 (3.28m x 5.17m 10.76ft x 16.96ft)
- Bedroom 2 (6.06m x 5.21m 19.88ft x 17.09ft)
- Bedroom 3 (4.19m x 2.50m 13.75ft x 8.20ft)
- Bedroom 4 (5.52m x 4.43m 18.11ft x 14.53ft) Fireplace.
- Bedroom 5 (6.04m x 2.22m 19.82ft x 7.28ft)
- Bathroom (3.55m x 4.62m 11.65ft x 15.16ft) Bath, w.c and w.h.b.
- Bedroom 6 (6.08m x 2.22m 19.95ft x 7.28ft) Fireplace. Cupboard.
- Bedroom 7 (6.08m x 5.27m 19.95ft x 17.29ft) Fitted wardrobe.
- Bedroom 8 (4.17m x 2.47m 13.68ft x 8.10ft)