Copperfield, Eastham Road, Bettystown, County Meath , A92 HN7Y
Modern energy efficient 5 / 6 bed family home with contemporary & period style features (approx 280 sqm) in premier residential location.
* Watch our walk-through video *
Built in 2016, Copperfield is an excellent example of where contemporary and period style design converge to create a modern home well set up for family living in the 2020’s and the decades beyond. Set back from the road behind cut stone walls and approached via electric gates, first impressions are of a very fine two storey bay-windowed property with a beautiful mature copper beech tree in prime position from which Copperfield gets its distinctive name.
The front Georgian style entrance door opens into a wide hallway with a view straight through to the rear living area. On either side, there are two generously proportioned bedrooms, both with en suite shower rooms and one with a walk-in dressing room. Off the hall, there is a useful home office, shelved for storage. An adjacent utility room complete with plentiful storage and sink unit has a side door leading outside. The hallway follows through to the heart of the home, a large living area with sliding doors to terrace and patio doors to outside. A feature brick fireplace incorporates a glass fronted stove. A sliding door opens into a kitchen & dining wing with separate workstation and side hall / cloakroom / guest toilet off. A lofted ceiling creates that extra wow factor in the kitchen while the central island/breakfast counter provides additional storage. Fitted units with marble countertops offer plenty of cupboard space and a range of appliances are included in the sale. Double patio doors open to the rear.
First floor bedroom accommodation is approached via a return stair leading to a light-filled wraparound landing area.
There are 4 generous double bedrooms on the first floor, two of which feature bay windows. All bedrooms have built-in wardrobes and one has an ensuite shower room. The family bathroom features a free-standing bath, large corner shower and ornate wc & whb.
Outside, there is a variety of mature trees including the majestic Copper Beech which acts a focal point for the garden and terrace area. A rear outbuilding of approx 45 sqm provides all sort of workshop and storage possibilities.
Copperfield is set back from the road behind cutstone walls at Bettystown Cross and is situated on its own grounds of just under half an acre. It is located approx. 1km from the centre of Bettystown village and 40km north of Dublin city along the coast. A famous and favoured holiday destination for many Irish families over the years, the excellent local amenities include a choice of both primary and secondary schools, village centre shops including Tesco and Aldi, top class sporting facilities and of course, miles of safe sandy beaches right on the doorstep!
The main-line rail station at Laytown and the proximity of Dublin Airport via the M1 in less than 30 minutes’ drive, brings the area into very reasonable commuting distance of the city. Drogheda town is 10 minutes away by car and there are regular private and public (Dublin) bus services.
- Architect designed family home, built in 2016.
- Energy efficient home (A3) with underfloor heating at ground floor level; air to water heat pump system. All rooms individually controlled / zoned.
- Modern living accommodation wing with feature vaulted ceiling to kitchen.
- Spacious light-filled accommodation throughout.
- Cat 6 cabling in all rooms.
- Block built outbuilding / workshop.
- Entrance hall: Georgian style door, side panel windows & fanlight
- Front bedroom 1: 5.03m x 4.75m to bay; fully tiled ensuite shower room (2.29m x 2.05m) wc, whb & shower; walk-in dressing room / closet (3.51m avg x 2.31m)
- Front bedroom 2: 5.0m x 4.71m to bay; en suite wet room (2.32m x 1.87m) wc, whb & shower; built-in wardrobes (BIW)
- Home office: 2.55m x 2.35m; shelved for storage
- Utility: 4.58m x 2.3m; fitted wall & floor units; plumbed for washing machine & dryer; door to outside.
- Living room: 6.22m x 4.78m; feature brick fireplace with wall-mounted open fire; patio doors to outside & sliding door to paved terrace.
- Spacious open plan kitchen (6.23m x 5.0m) with vaulted ceiling & dining (5.12m x 3.65m); good range of fitted wall & floor units; large island with built-in storage / breakfast bar. Appliances include: 5-ring gas hob; double ovens & warming drawer; American style fridge. Patio doors to outside.
- Work station: 2.64m x 1.14m
- Cloak room & guest toilet (2.36m x 1.12m)
- FIRST FLOOR
- Light-filled wrap around landing
- Bedroom 3: 4.5m x 4.73m to bay (BIW)
- Family bathroom: 3.2m x 2.39m; free-standing bath, corner shower (mains); wc & whb
- Bedroom 4: 3.56m x 2.44m (BIW)
- Bedroom 5: 3.38m x 2.13m (BIW)
- Bedroom 6: 5.04m x 3.73m to bay; BIW & ensuite shower room (3.36m x 1.54m), fully tiled
- Outbuilding / workshop: 3.38m x 8.62
- Central paved garden terrace
- Driveway to rear
- Variety of mature trees & hedgerows
- Air to water system; dual zone heating.
- Mains water and drainage.
- Electronically controlled wrought iron entrance gates.
- Fully alarmed.
- TV points in all bedrooms.
- Water softener has been installed.
- Excellent broadband connectivity.
From the centre of Bettystown, travel along the Eastham Road towards Bettystown Cross. Copperfield is on the right hand side as you approach the Cross. Use Eircode A92 HN7Y.