- Cast iron gates and entrance piers
- Timber paneled double-leaf doors
- Brick chimneystacks
- Period property dating to 1898 (BER Exempt)
This 7 bedroom detached period two-storey former convent, was built in 1898, comprising three-bay central block with projecting two-bay gable-fronted blocks to east and west. The property occupies a large site extending to c. 0.486 ha. (c. 1.20 acres) in the village centre. This imposing building has pitched slate roofs with rendered and brick chimneystacks, render bracketed eaves course, ridge crestings, cast-iron rainwater goods and dressed limestone copings to gable fronts. Render plinth course with cast-iron vents and carved limestone foundation date stone to front elevation. Decorative emphasis is carried through to features such as the cross finials, ridge crestings and chimneystacks. The convent forms a group of related structures with the school to west and the Roman Catholic church to east.
Inspection is strongly recommended by the agent.
By prior appointment.