- • Newly renovated and extended to high quality standard
- • Tucked away at the rear of the village in a secluded setting
- • Overlooking the Boyne Estuary
- • Unique location on the doorstep of the famous Co Louth Golf Club.
- • Two minutes’ walk to beach.
- • Option to purchase more ground in vicinity of property.
Hidden away in a secret place at the back of Baltray village with stunning views of the Boyne Estuary.
Originally a wee three room fisherman’s cottage on the shores of the River Boyne estuary, one of a cluster of similar dwellings dating from the turn of the century, this particular home has been transformed by its current owners into a modern two storey four bedroom dwelling (120sqm approx.) which has retained its charm and character while offering all the comforts for present day living.
The bright and airy accommodation includes a warm and inviting living-room with solid fuel stove and south facing picture window, kitchen with stove and feature roof window, south facing back porch/sunroom overlooking the quaint cottage garden, two bedrooms plus shower room downstairs and two further double bedrooms with spectacular views upstairs along with a generous walk in wardrobe and further shower room. Outside there is a separate detached utility room/store which is fully plumbed for washing machine and drier and offers excellent storage.
Baltray is a small and picturesque village comprising a selection of cottages and older style dwellings located at the mouth of the River Boyne, sheltered by dunes to the east and with wonderful views of the estuary to the south and west. The famous Co Louth Golf Club is literally on the doorstep and miles of safe sandy beaches are within strolling distance. Termonfeckin, the neighbouring village, is just up the road and offers excellent amenities, with its shops, restaurants, newly built primary school and church. The busy bustling heritage town of Drogheda, M1 access and mainline train are all within a 10 minute drive.
BER: D1 BER No.111577177 Energy Performance Indicator:252.39 kWh/m²/yr
• Entrance hall.
• Downstairs shower room: 2.5m x 1.75m fully tiled. Mains shower.
• Living room: 4.36m x 3.71m Solid wood floors. Wood burning stove, deep sill picture window.
• Kitchen: 4.48m 2.93m. Good range of wall and floor units. Tiled floor and splashback. Wood burning stove and feature roof window.
• Rear porch/sunroom 2.48m x 1.9m. Glass surround,tiled floor, radiator.
• Bedroom 1: 3.35m x 2.53m (to rear)
• Study/bedroom 2: 2.52m x 3m (L shape) to front.
• Master bedroom: 5.47m X 3.33m Large picture window, walk in wardrobe.
• Shower room with electric shower.
• Bedroom 4: 5.43m x 3.04m. L shaped.
• Enclosed cottage style garden to rear.
• Block built utility garage/shed fully wired and plumbed for washing machine and dryer.
• Mains water and sewerage
• Oil-fired central heating.
• Excellent internet access.
In Baltray village travel past the entrance to Co Louth Golf Club on the left, take the lane to the right immediately after the last bungalow on the right. Travel round to the back of the village and take first driveway to the right. The Meadows is the newly built two storey house on right with external sun porch.