- • Truly wonderful family home offering well laid out modern living accommodation in a gracious period style.
- • Mature landscaped gardens by multi-award winning designer, Paul Martin (RHS Chelsea Flower Show)
- • Dual central heating: oil and back boiler
- • Private well
- • Septic tank
- • Within 5 minutes’ drive of the M1 Motorway and 30 minutes
- to Dublin Airport / M50
- • Other lot options / additional land available
Wonderful and Unique Period Villa Style Family Home (300 sqm / 3,230 sq ft) on approx 0.81 hectares / 2 acres. Other lot options / additional land available.
Set in mature and private grounds and surrounded by wonderful landscaped gardens, The Reask is approached through electronically controlled wrought iron gates along a gravel driveway to the front of the house, and first impressions do not disappoint!
Weathered stone steps lead up to the handsome hall door which in turn opens into a welcoming open plan entrance hall with stunning antique fireplace and solid ‘Junker’ flooring. To the left of the hall is the elegant drawing-room where the wonderful circular bay window complete with inviting window seating immediately catches the eye. Another beautiful open hearth fire place, decorative coving and cornicing and double French doors to the west garden complete the picture in this lovely room. The formal dining room is to the right of the hall, also with attractive cornice and coving.
Conveniently, the kitchen can be accessed directly from the dining room and is located to the rear of the house and facing eastwards. Well equipped with generous storage space and work surfaces, it easily accommodates
an eight seater kitchen table and has an adjoining spacious utility room for all the appliances and with access to laundry room, double garage and boiler house. There is a good size second living room/family room with open fireplace (back boiler) to the rear. The accommodation on the ground floor is completed by the bright and airy master bedroom with walk-in closet and separate generous family bathroom.
Upstairs off the open plan landing area there is another full size bathroom and a further four double bedrooms, all with garden views and one of which is currently in use as a home office. All in all, this is an impressive, character-filled family home, the lay-out of which facilitates both family life and is ideal for entertaining as a result of the interconnecting reception rooms. The professionally landscaped grounds, created by multi-award winning designer Paul Martin, offer an interesting variety of mature lawns and shrubs, a kitchen garden with raised beds for herbs and vegetables and even its own orchards! A gardener’s delight!
Hill of Rath is a sought-after residential area immediately north-west of Drogheda. Its attraction lies in its combination of beautiful rolling countryside and city accessibility via the Drogheda North interchange which brings Dublin airport to within a 25 minute drive of this superb property. Tullyallen is a picturesque village in the heart of the Boyne valley with many excellent amenities including a primary school, church, neighbourhood shops / medical and pub. Drogheda with all its amenities including excellent schools, shopping facilities, main line rail and of course the Lourdes hospital is less than 5 minutes by car. The Reask is tucked away at the end of a tree-lined avenue just off the L6322 which connects to the Motorway Link Road and the Collon Road.
BER: C3 BER No.103973731 Energy Performance Indicator:223.71 kWh/m²/yr
• Entrance Hall / Reception: 4.94m x 4.96m; marble fireplace
• Drawing Room: 5.15m x 6.72m to bay; marble fireplace; bay window seating; doors to west facing gardens
• Dining Room: 4.89m x 4.56m
• Kitchen: 4.35m x 4.89m; range of wall & floor units; tiled floor; windows to east
• Utility: 2.17m x 4.25m; fitted units & sink
• Back Hall: 2.16m x 1.23m; doors to double garage & west facing gardens
• Laundry Room: 3.33m x 2.13m
• Living Room: 3.8m x 4.72m; marble fireplace with open hearth & cast iron inset; back boiler
• Family Bathroom: 2.66m x 3.78m; bath, wc, whb & separate shower; tiled floor
• Hot press; shelved storage
• Bedroom 1 (Main): 5.15m x 4.28m with walk-in closet
• Stairs to Upper Floor (under stair storage)
• Bedroom 2 / Home Office:3.85m x 3.18m
• Bedroom 3: 3.5m x 4.28m
• Family Bathroom: 2.16m x 3.8m; bath, wc & whb
• Bedroom 4: 5,0m x 3.19m
• Alcove Area / Study
• Bedroom 5: 6.84m x 3.7m
• Vast array of mature trees, shrubs and flower beds immediately surrounding the residence.
• Farmyard buildings comprising: 4 unit stable block with outside pen; cattle crush; various enclosed outside cattle pens; single pitch & lean-to cattle sheds / storage barns: approx. 410 sqm / 4,413 sq ft.
• Workshop & fuel store.
• Raised beds, herb garden and orchard.
• Residence approached via eucalyptus tree – lined avenue & electric gates.
• Separate lane access to farmyard.
• Other lot options / additional land available.
Eircode: A92 XW44
Take the Drogheda North interchange (Junction 10) on the M1 Motorway and drive for a couple of minutes towards Drogheda to the first roundabout – take an immediate left and drive northwards along the L6322 in the direction of Hill of Rath for approx 0.8km just before passing over the motorway bridge, turn right into a country lane and drive straight along this lane to the end where you take a right turn into the avenue leading up to the Reask.
Strictly by prior appointment with the sole selling agents.