Strand House, Strand Road, Termonfeckin, County Louth , A92 V8X8Asking price €875,000
A once in a lifetime opportunity to own an exceptional architect designed family home in the heart of Termonfeckin village on a superb elevated south facing site surrounded by mature landscaped gardens, immaculately maintained in move-in condition and within strolling distance of the beach at Seapoint.
Originally a comfortable and spacious four bedroom bungalow built in 2001, the current owners were inspired by its magical setting and saw the potential to transform it into a truly unique contemporary home worthy of its wonderful surroundings. To help them realise their vision they employed the services of internationally renowned award-winning practice McGarry Ní Éanaigh Architects and the result is the stunning family home that is Strand House today.
Briefly, the accommodation downstairs which is infused with natural sunlight from every angle comprises a double height light filled kitchen/diner/living space, a separate living room-cum library, three bedrooms (which can also double as studies/home offices), a family bathroom, a walk-in pantry and a utility room, along with numerous large cleverly concealed storage spaces. Upstairs is the master suite with its adjoining walk-in wardrobe and fully tiled luxury bath/shower room along with two further bedrooms and separate family bathroom.
Outside, the magnificent gardens which extend to over half an acre have been designed and laid out by gardening design expert Andrew Christopher Dunne (Gold Medal and Best In Show Bloom 2022) in collaboration with the owner who is a qualified landscape gardener herself. There is a variety of specimen shrubs and trees along with a fabulous feature sheltered south facing patio with large ornamental pond and barbeque area while the ‘working’ garden is tucked away to the rear with its raised vegetable beds and functional polytunnel. There is a fully paved (cobble lock) driveway and parking bay and a separate detached garage to the side.
Nestled within an enclave of individual private dwellings, Strand House enjoys magnificent east, south and west facing views over the village and we cannot overstate the pleasure which awaits the new owners!
The picturesque village of Termonfeckin with its charming old world humpback bridge, wonderful mature oak and willow trees and eclectic mix of both traditional and modern homes is situated approx. 8km north east of Drogheda town along the coast. There are excellent neighbourhood amenities including newly built primary school, restaurants, shops and of course miles of safe sandy beaches stretching from the Boyne estuary to Clogherhead, not to mention world class golf courses at Baltray and Seapoint. Drogheda and the M1 are within a 10 minute drive, with Dublin Airport a further 30 minutes, and there are regular bus services to and from both Drogheda and Dundalk. A haven of peace and tranquillity, Termonfeckin, and particularly Strand House, offers a real option for those seeking a sociable and convivial country village lifestyle within commuting distance of busy city life!
* Stunning architect designed family home extending to approx. 340sqm / 3,660 sqft. in the heart of Termonfeckin village.
* Elevated yet secluded village centre setting with panoramic views.
* Professionally designed and landscaped gardens with mature hedging, fruit trees, feature trees and shrubs, borders, raised beds, herb garden, polytunnel.
* Velfac windows and external doors throughout.
* Top quality specification and fit-out throughout.
* Pristine walk-in condition.
* B3 BER rating.
* Entrance Hall with concealed floor-to-ceiling storage cabinets.
* Cloakroom: 1.70m x 1.90m. Shelved and railed.
* Kitchen / Diner / Living Room: 8.83m x 7.34m. 4-sided aspect. Lofted sloping ceiling. High gloss Scavolini kitchen units. Waterford dual-fuel double oven. Neff combi-microwave. White-oiled oak flooring. Under-floor heating. Large breakfast island. Free-standing Hwam solid fuel stove. Large sliding glass door to terrace and gardens.
* Music/Library Room: 7.6m x 3.6m. Feature bay-window with window seating overlooking terrace and gardens. White oiled oak flooring. Glass door to gardens.
* Bedroom 1: 3.15m x 2.8m. Carpeted. Built in wardrobe.
* Hobby Room / Bedroom 2: 3.34m x 3.04m. Carpeted. Built-in wardrobe. Glass door to gardens.
* Family Bathroom: 2.9m x 2.46m. Fully tiled. Electric shower.
* Pantry: 2.12m x 2.4m. Shelving and storage units.
* Laundry / Utility Room: 2.65m x 2.4m. Plumbed for washing machine. Sink unit and worktop. Built-in storage cabinets. Water softener unit. Door to gardens.
* Home Office / Bedroom 3: 3.88m x 3.68m. Carpeted. Glass door to gardens.
* Fully carpeted.
* Master Bedroom: 4.55m x 4.77m. Glass door to balcony.
* Walk-In Wardrobe: 2.24m x 2.07m. Shelving and hanging units.
* En-Suite: 7.04m x 2.25m: Fully tiled. Jacuzzi bath. Separate large shower cabinet. Feature his-and-her sinks.
* Family Bathroom: 3.80m x 1.15m. Fully tiled.
* Bedroom 5: 5.16m x 2.69m. Built-in wardrobe. Feature balcony.
* Bedroom 6: 4.72m x 3.4m: Feature south-facing floor length alcove window.
* South-facing tiled sun terrace with feature pond.
* Beautiful south-facing mature landscaped gardens laid out in a series of rooms divided by mature griselinia and hornbeam hedging with a delightful collection of shrubs and plants, raised beds, a polytunnel, fruit trees, herb garden, lawn / badminton court.
* Large detached garage with electricity and water.
* Cobble-lock driveway and parking bay.
* Wired and railed for electric gates and video intercom.
* Mature hornbeam hedge and silver birch shelter belt.
* Oil Fired Central Heating.
* High Speed Broadband (100Mb).
* Public Bus Service to Drogheda and Dundalk.
* Mainline Railway Station in Drogheda.
* Mains Water and Sewerage.
* 10 Minutes Drive to M1 Motorway.
* 40 Minutes Drive to Dublin Airport.
* Dublin - Drogheda DART (electric rapid transit rail system) from early 2025.
From the Drogheda direction travel past the church on the right, over the hump back bridge and take first right. Entrance to Strand House is approx. 100m on left just before left turn.
You might also like…
Get in touch
Use the form below to get in touch with REA O'Brien Collins (Drogheda) or call them on (041) 987 5444